3D Fundamentals Tutorial 20
Projection matrix! Because why solve a problem with a simple solution when you can use a complicated one! All joking aside, matrix encoding of projective (perspective) transform is widely used so you gotta get familiar with this shit.
- Review of perspective projection (divide)
- Viewing frustum
- NDC (Normalized Device Coordinate) space
- Homogeneous coordinate normalization
- Derivation of projection matrix
- Backface culling projection adjustment
- Aspect ratio control
- FOV (Field of View) control
The tutorial video is on YouTube here.
The GitHub repository for the tutorial code is here.