Advanced C++ Programming Tutorial 2
In this tutorial we learn how to transform our shit. Move it around, make it bigger (no pills or pumps required), flip it and reverse it. And later on we make a camera system to scroll our shit in the world. You're gonna like it.
- Polyline drawing
- Trivial line clipping
- Flipping across an axis
- Screen coordinate transformation
- Camera scrolling
- Concatenating (combining) transforms
Video Timestamp Index
- Create random starfield in large rectangular region with randomized positions, sizes, and shapes. Stars should not overlap.
- Implement scrolling via mouse dragging.
- Process vertices in-place (don't use a buffered polyline copy).
- Only draw models that appear in the viewport.
- Animate the scale (size) and color of stars so that they pulsate.
The Homework solution is here.