Intermediate C++ Game Programming Tutorial 11
In this tutorial we learn how to draw parts (subregions) of images, we learn how to clip our shit so that it don't go off the screen (or off of any arbitrary rectangle we define in fact), and we learn to draw sprites with transparent pixels.
- Drawing image subregions
- Clipping sprites
- Drawing sprites with chroma keying (transparent pixels)
Video Timestamp Index
- Drawing subregions of a sprite sheet 0:57
- Using a
RectI clipobject, clip a (subregion of a) sprite 6:45
- Chili's Dank Meta Nugs - teacher's advice 13:16
- Code clean up. Have different overloaded definitions of
DrawSprite()call the most advanced version with clipping 13:57
DrawSpritefunctions that apply chroma keying (transparent pixels) 15:03
operator!=member functions (comparison operators) to the
- Homework assignment 19:00
The homework is to use the images provided in the above zip file to upgrade the Poo Game to no longer use compiled sprites.